Thursday, August 13, 2009

Waterlily Definitions

Photo 52: Monet may have painted stunning waterlilies, but I like to photograph them. There is something so calm about a single waterlily surrounded by its dark green pads. I had another beautiful shot of a waterlily from last year, but I lost that one when my hard drive crashed last December. Which reminds me, I have to back up my computer...

As a sidenote, I learned something new today. Did you know that lily pads is Military slang for cooperative security location installations, a military term for a scaled down Military facility with little or no personell presence which contains pre-positioned equipment and often serve as a staging ground for Special Forces and Intelligence operations. Betcha didn't know that, huh? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment