Thursday, July 30, 2009

Photography 101

Photo 37: There comes a time, no matter how good you think you are, when you make a huge mistake... especially in photography. Such as formatting your camera for no good reason (been there), focusing on the wrong thing, missing a shot altogether, and not backing up your pictures. But the most serious offense is forgetting to put a memory card in the camera and expecting to shoot the daily picture. And that's exactly what happened to me for the first time yesterday. I ran out of the house with Pedro without checking to make sure the memory card was present and accounted for. And as I stood in Grand Central, poised to take a wonderful picture of commuters trying to get home, I see something flashing on my screen.

"No CF card"

WHAT?!?! Needless to say, I felt like a complete idiot, but also learned a very important lesson. Never forget the first rule of Photography 101... make sure you have all of your equipment and backup memory cards. So the post today is of me, bowing my head in shame - literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment